Last weekend, 2 of my best friends and I hosted a backyard campfire themed shower for our great friend and bride-to-be, Linnea! Linnea loves the outdoors so this was a fun theme to plan around. Emily, Kara and I split the planning into three parts – decorations (me), food (Kara) and beverages/games (Emily). Co-hosting a shower is absolutely the way to go – I don’t think any of us could have done it (and stayed sane) without the others!
That said, it was so much fun to shower our dear friend with good food, great company and cute gifts just a few weeks before her beautiful fall wedding in Duluth, Minnesota.
Here are several photos from the party! A source list for the items we used is below.
* s’more/roasting sticks – Target (similar)
* lanterns – Ikea (I spray painted 3 white lanterns with Army green spray paint from Home Depot)
* votives – Ikea (sold as small wine glasses, similar)
* red frames – Ikea
* black and white frames – Target, Ikea
* metal pails – Target Dollar Spot
* Campfire Girl Beads – from my mother in law!
* plates and napkins – Mara Mi (Stillwater, MN)
* flowers – Minneapolis Farmers Market
* red mason jars – spare canning jars spray painted red
* burlap banner – burlap shared from a friend, also available at JoAnn Fabrics
* printed scrapbook paper – Michaels
* plaid blanket – family gift
*recipe for mini fruit pizzas located here
Hooray for a successful bridal shower! Only a couple of weeks left until the wedding celebration!